- Coming on highway A5 or A67 to Darmstadt: Exit "Darmstadt Stadtmitte".
- Following direction "City" (B26: Rheinstraße), shortly after passing the City sign on the left hand you pass the MARITIM Hotel Darmstadt.
- Continue driving straight ahead and turn right after the third red light into "Neckarstraße".
- After five more red lights (the "Neckarstraße" is know called "Heidelberger Straße") turn left into "Bessunger Straße".
- After a few meters on your right hand you will see the entrance to our public garage (by the way free of charge) "Tiefgarage Jagdhof" marked by a blue P-sign. You are asked not to use parkings that are marked with "reserviert" signs!
- The Jazzinstitut is situated in the Kavaliershaus, an old chateaux in the historic building complex. A narrow stairway comes up from the garage to the yard in front of our building.
By train/public traffic:
- One can reach Darmstadt main station easily by public traffic (S-Bahn or Regionalbahn) from Frankfurt or Heidelberg/Mannheim.
- Right in front of the main station is a bus-stop and several stops for the tram-line.
- Take either tram-line 3 direction to "Lichtenbergschule" (during daytime every 15 minutes) and stay in till stop "Orangerie". From here, walk in direction and turn right to "Bessunger Straße".
- After 700 meters you will stand right in front of the "BessungerJagdhof", where the Jazzinstitut is situated.
- Or: Take tram-line 1 direction to "Eberstadt" till stop "Bessunger Straße", cross the "Heidelberger Straße" and turn left to "Bessunger Straße". After a very short walk you will see the Jazzinstitut sign to your right hand.
* alternatively you can take any bus or tram direction "über Luisenplatz". At Luisenplatz you can change to tram lines 6, 7, or 8, direction "Eberstadt" or "Alsbach". Exit at stop "Bessunger Straße".